DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING – WAH ENGINEERING COLLEGE
PROJECT SUPERVISOR : Wg Cdr. Muhammad Asghar
Sadaf Idrees UW-09-Bsc-EE-028
Sheheryar Iftikhar UW-09-Bsc-EE-034
Hameed Ullah UW-09-Bsc-EE-042
Malik Shujat Ali Khan UW-09-Bsc-EE-051
Objective of this project was to make control card of a single phase synchronous generator which consist of ATS (Automatic transfer switch) and AVR (Automatic voltage regulator).
Specific Aims :
- Automatic transfer switch:
Generator turn on automatically when power supply from WAPDA cutoff.
- Automatic voltage regulator:
It control voltage for protection of devices connected to the generator
Progress Table :
Progress Summary :
They divided our project into two parts
- ATS(Automatic transfer switch)
- AVR(Automatic voltage regulator)
ATS was completed at both software and hardware stages while AVR was in progress.
ATS ( Automatic Transfer Switch ) :
- A transfer switch is an electrical device that transfers the source of power being used from one power supply to another.
- In their project this transfer is between the local utility WAPDA and an emergency source of power which is GENERATOR.
- Microcontroller will control this transfer of supply.
- As soon as microcontroller will sense that WAPDA is not present it will shift the load to the generator.
- If presence of WAPDA is sensed, generator will be switched off and load will be shifted to WAPDA again.
Software Status :
- They used MPLAB and PROTEUS soft wares for simulation of ATS(Automatic transfer switch).
- PIC16F688 is programmed by using MPLAB
Following is the flowchart which shows the sequence of events which are used to automatically transfer load to WAPDA or to GENERATOR according to the requirement.
Proteus Simulation Result :
They were going to design a single control card to control multiple parameters. In market a card which can control multiple parameters is not present. Normally one card only controls one parameter and are made on demand. And those cards are so expensive that an average consumer can not afford it. They were aiming to reduce the price of this card.
Already present cards use logic gates to control different parameters, which make card costly and large in size . In their project they used micro-controller which made it much more cost effective than earlier ones.
All the work is done by Pakistani Engineers practically under the supervision of senior professor in workshop of well-reputed Pakistani Institute.
We will be happy if any Pakistani Students want to share their work on our platform.
© All copyrights reserved – Tech House Co.